Spread the love
ArrayList is a part of collection framework and is present in java.util package. It provides us dynamic arrays in Java. Though, it may be slower than standard arrays but can be helpful in programs where lots of manipulation in the array is needed.
- ArrayList inherits AbstractList class and implements List interface.
- ArrayList is initialized by size, however, the size can increase if collection grows or shrunk if objects are removed from the collection.
- Java ArrayList allows us to randomly access the list.
- ArrayList can not be used for primitive types, like int, char, etc. We need a wrapper class for such cases
- ArrayList in Java can be seen as similar to a vector in C++.